- Would you listen to a pastor who curses like a sailor?
- Would you buy a car from a Toyota Dealer who drives a Ford?
- Would you buy your coffee from a Starbucks barista brewing Folgers at home?
Should I believe you and your organization?
Do you believe authentically in your:
- Sports teams
Authenticity is hard to fake consistently…authenticity is hard to fake authentically? If you work so hard to fake authenticity, why not just live authentically?
Here is why you fake it…change is hard, scary, and requires extra effort.
- We believe it is better to pretend we are happy at our current Church than it does to find a new one.
- We believe it is better to keep our miserable job than it is to take the risk there might be something better out there.
- We keep supporting the same political party our Father did regardless of what that party stands for.
You have two options:
- Either start living authentically to your current credos or
- Change the credos. Anything less hollows you out and makes a cynic of yourself.
CHALLENGE: Find the areas of your life where you live a lie. Where you fake a smile. Where you pretend to your friends that everything is great. Where you write down the goal but have no expectation of actually meeting it. Make a change, and start living authentically to that change.